The social web as I often explain in my talks is much more than just Facebook and Twitter or even the platforms to come. Instead it is a strategy the will envelope the industry as consumers seek brands that let people connect outside the four walls of the restaurant.
The Five Eras of the Social Web:
1) Era of Social Relationships: People connect to others and share
2) Era of Social Functionality: Social networks become like operating system
3) Era of Social Colonization: Every experience can now be social
4) Era of Social Context: Personalized and accurate content
5) Era of Social Commerce: Communities define future products and services
This focus of the Social Web will be the one major move that will separate restaurant businesses in the future maybe so much that a great social network will be the driving force behind how a consumer chooses where to eat. Prepare as the Era of the Social Web is now here and who better to define this new frontier that the grandfather of social "The Restaurant"